02 October 2009

Liberation

Okay Blog Fam, I guess it's safe to say that your girl is on a roll. This is in fact the 4th poem I've written this week. I'll get to posting the others soon enough, but there was some driving force behind this one and I had to share it with you.

Have a blessed stay folks and stay up.

Taking off my training wheels
And taking my first unsupported ride
I cruise into the elated feeling
The experience brings
Trusting in my willingness to let go
And be free; no long restrained
By the security of the firm
Instead leaning favorably toward
The possibility to falling and being helpless
And the enjoyable nefarious abandon it illicits
The equal fear and enthusiasm of stepping
Into the unknown is a risk well worth taking
If you really want to live

© Blu Jewel 2009

Love to live; live to love

5 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Sigh...love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are on a roll!

Letting go can be an intense experience with often fear prowling about, but the benefits of freedom are a beautiful thing!

LadyLee said...

You do know how to capture the moment! Really!

Lyrically speaking said...

You are on a roll for sure, lol, great piece and inspiring