30 December 2009

Last one for 2009 - All kinds of random stuff

I stopped being a martyr and emotional tampon for people. I chose self-preservation over selflessness because there are those who take it for granted.

There are far too many people who should just relinquish their parental rights because having a child does not immediately qualify you to be a parent.

The time we spend coveting what others have instead of being grateful for what we have is a complete waste of time and makes you ignorant to the fact that there are people worst off you than you think you are.

Alcohol on an empty stomach can get you into some serious mischief.

Memory gaps from said alcohol induced mischief is even funnier when you and the other party are giving your own versions of the same incident.

Why? Oh why, do we care so much about the lives of celebrities and not our own families?

I'm in a restaurant that has a communal sink area and this guy finds me attractive and starts talking to me. I'm in the process of brushing my teeth and he's still talking to me. So my question is, why did he think he needed to stand and wait until I was done and try to score for my number? Second, why did he think I was even attracted to him anyway?

On that same topic, why do people assume because they find you attractive, you find them attractive?

I wear my headphones in public even when I'm not listening to music just so people won't talk to me.

Just because I'm not wearing a ring doesn't mean I'm not involved.

How is it that the line you're in is always the slow one, so you change lanes and then that line moves slow.

I'm as nice as you think I am, but harmful if provoked.

I learned the power in the gift of forgiveness.

Great moments of 2009
Love, forgiveness, an improved spiritual walk, and the willingness to take amazing leaps of faith

Lil Lady told me she was proud of me and thanked me for being her mum/bestie

I released myself from emotional bondage

My birthday weekend and my weekend with my twin cousin

The day I joined Macedonia Baptist Church

Knowing I can fall in love again

Writing four amazing poems

Facebook bringing someone/thing new and interesting to my life

My Mother's Day and Birthday card from Lil Lady

Making it through the year without major incident

All good health reports

Continued friendships

My blog family

I wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year. May all of your goals be met. May your prayers be answered. And may love and happiness reign supreme in your lives.

Love to live; live to love! This is not just a catch phrase, but something to truly live by

3 comments:

LadyLee said...

Wow! That was power-packed.

Have a happy happy New Year, Blu!

Love to live; live to love!

Beauty Is Diverse said...

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.