19 July 2008

Completely Blu

The past two years have been an amazing growth process for me and the past year has been even more amazing in terms of my life's experiences. The following poem is a culmination of my journey as best I could capture it when it was written. It's the first poem I've written solely in the past year and I'm sharing it with you. Enjoy

As the pieces of the puzzle assemble

And the links of my life meet

Finally forming a unified compilation of me

No longer fractured by torment, pain, or neglect

Seeing the scars both real and imagined

As battle wounds from a war waged

Rendering me the victor; not victim

Now fully open to accept and receive

The blessings set before me

To know and understand the difference

Between living and existing

Knowing when to hold on or let go

And possess the ability of losing myself within myself

Instead of to another for their gratification

While unfulfilling my own

Allowing myself room to grow;

Accepting that life is ever changing

And not always in a bad way

Tendering the ability to let my guard down

And not feel naked without reason

Believing that I truly am a queen

And my king will come in search of his missing rib

To know and trust in the possibility of love

And believe in the hand willing to catch me

Realizing fear is nothing but the blinding

Of feelings unused to being surfaced

And the blocking of love and life

That’s ready and willing to be embraced

Empowered by the willingness to simply be me

I teeter to the edge; contemplating the fall

Encouraged by a leap of faith

I learn to spread my wings

© Blu Jewel 2008

15 comments:

Roddykat said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

"Knowing when to hold on or let go
And possess the ability of losing myself within myself
Instead of to another for their gratification
While unfulfilling my own"

Wow. I've always laid claim to the fact that I was put here not for myself, but for others to do with. I still have some of that, but the day this quote came true for me was an epiphany come to light.

Rose said...

I enjoy reading about others' growth through spoken & written words. This is great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! Growth is a part of life. They day we quit growing is the day we die. Loved this post and since no one participated in my contest I'd like to give you A Handmaid's Tale. If you want it there is a link on my spot where you can e-mail me. Let me know and I'll drop it in the mail for you!

Don said...

It's no wonder you and I spiritually connected. I fee the same way @ The past two years have been an amazing growth process for me.

The poem was touching. It captured the essence of what I feel as well. I definitely can vouch for once again knowing the difference between simply existing in this world, and living in this world.

Fly, Blu.

Darius T. Williams said...

that was a hot piece..I'd love to hear you perform it live.

Blu Jewel said...

roddy - i'm humbled that my poem had an impact on you and how you live. i'm glad you enjoyed this piece.

rose - thank you.

ingrid - you're so right about growth and without it we're as good as dead. thanks for selecting me for the book; i truly appreciate it.

don - i'm happy to hear that you were able to connect with this poem. there is such a great difference between living and existing; too bad so many can't separate the two. thanks for the encouragement.

darius - i did this piece last Thursday and it was well received.

love!

Unknown said...

What a pleasure to have crossed your path... I absolutely love the poem! I'll make sure to engage your writings regularly!:0)

Nice to meet you, Blu Jewel! :0)

Blu Jewel said...

tony - nice to meet you too. i look forward to your visits.

love!

layne bowden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
layne bowden said...

(i had to do it again. you know how i hate errors. LOL)

i LOVE it! completely. but! i wouldn't be me if i didn't have a few favorite lines. LOL

if anyone ever asks me for the definition of fear... this is what i'm going to tell them:

[Realizing] fear is nothing but the blinding
Of feelings unused to being surfaced
And the blocking of love and life
That’s ready and willing to be embraced


that explanation was poetically beautiful, deeply meaningful, yet nothin' but the truth...

thank you for sharing.

peace! love!

Believer said...

You did this piece last Thursday?!

Simply captivated as I hear the prospect and process of being whole and living the intentional life where fear has no hold.

Blu Jewel said...

jus - you're funny on deleting and re-commenting. WOW! I'm so humbled that you would capture my words and want to use them as an analogy.

believer - I'm walking the walk and you're helping me more than you know.

Love!

Mizrepresent said...

Jumping up and down, girl, girl, girl...no words, really no words!

Blu Jewel said...

Miz - it needed to be said. i needed to allow all the good forces of the universe manifest and release within me.

love!

Anonymous said...

Blu: I loved this. You really are a Jewel. A precious one for those of us who know you... and an undiscovered rare piece for those who weren't yet blessed to meet you.

Love you much,
Hawa