14 July 2008

It is well with my soul!















Whenever things seem to want to go wrong, it tends to want to happen quickly and heavily. As you read from my last post, I encountered a problem at my home, which required immediate attention and took my out of my budget. I prayed on the situation and asked God to show me the way. I give thanks for the challenges I've faced in my life because as the quote says, "...you are greater than any obstacle"; however, there are days when I still feel the turbulence coursing through my veins and I don't know how I'm going to calm it down. Naturally, I reach out to my heavenly father because I know He's got the answers and will show me the way. I also know that there are angels here who are used through Him to be the calm in the storm, to lend a hand; an ear; or a shoulder.

This morning was full of turbulence and I reached out for my Bible and read Psalms 4 and the first few chapters of Psalms 5 and immediately felt relaxed and drifted into a short but deep slumber. After getting up, I read Believer 1964's blog that she posted July 13 and after listening to Wintley Phipps sing It Is Well With My Soul, I knew God had used her to guide and calm me. It was from her blog that I took the quote I've used in this post. I read the scripture she has under the quote (Romans 8:28) and again was moved my how He knew what I needed to read.

Tears welled in my eyes and flowed as I received the song into my heart and soul and accepted the words as my personal blessing.

Fellow bloggers, life is a temporary assignment (saw that on a t-shirt) and we have to live it well. God is the way maker and never gives us more than we can handle. I thank each of you for your contributions in my life. Though I may not know you all personally, I still know that you have all been or will be us for a purpose.

Please take a moment to visit Believer 1964's blog because she truly is a God send to me and I know you can find something for yourself in the July 13th post.

Let all be well with your soul today.

Love!

9 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

So, isn't it wonderful when God decides to show his glory by using other folks to communicate directly to us? That's one of the characteristics I love the most about God. He's just that dope!

I'm glad he's calmed you down. Being anxious for nothing isn't such a great idea. Besides, it's in the calm water where you can hear God the most. Remain there as much as possible.

-DTW

Blu Jewel said...

Darius - Yes, God truly is THAT dope. And thank you so much for your insight, wisdom, and kind words. I hope your soul is well today.

Love!

Believer said...

Your gifts of encouragement and support are like wrapped gifts with shiny bows from heaven. Thank you!

As I already said within my comments, and it bears repeating...

There is something about the vertical connection with God that spills over horizontally into our relationships that never ceases to amaze me. When God impresses upon the heart of another through prayer, or in this case a hymn, we know that He always provides an answer before we ask or have need. Amen! He's done this numerous times for me as well and how thankful we are that He cares for us.

Peace is yours Blu, hold onto it with both arms, embrace the gift, and know that all is well!

Mr.Slish said...

You gone make me stop cussing on my blog...lol...

Don said...

i too think we all have made some sort of mental or emotional contribution towards one another's life, whether in a subtle or major way. i think something that someone may have gone through, said, did, advised, inspired, etc...i think the each 1 teach 1 method applies to conscious bloggers.

with that said, there's no question i have appreciated and shared many of your post and thought-provoking sentiments.

THIS may be it, huh. Well, You certainly deserve that which your heart desires.

Blu Jewel said...

slish - you stop cussing? yea, right! *lol* Actaully, I don't think you cuss that much at all. you put a positive spin on things even when you may not realize it. you're a good blogging brother.

don - each one teach one is definitely a mentality we all need to employ because none of us got where we are alone. we're going to have bad days, but we can't focus on them in their entirety because we'll miss the rainbow if we do. thank you for playing your part in being a conscious blogger and thanks for sharing/reading my posts; and always for the inspiration/encouragement.

love!

layne bowden said...

you know what? even tho' i'm a couple days late & a few dollars short (LOL) this post is indeed confirmation of a daily devotion that was sent to me TWICE today about peace and basking in the glorious tranquility that is found in Daddy.

wow...

i know i keeps sayn it, but... THANK YOU!! :o)

peace! love! always & in ALL ways!

monicac2 said...

I think you would enjoy and be blessed by a young woman who video blogs on You Tube - her screen name is "sabra723". She definitely blesses me - and she has an awesome singing voice, to boot!

T.a.c.D said...

i want to thank you for totally being an important part of my life as well! this post comes at a time when i need it truly the most, sitting and having time to process to cleanse is exactly what i needed to do...