15 July 2008

Just Think

I had a couple of things on my mind to post about today and just when I thought I was going to post one of them, I got this quote in my inbox...

Just Think
You’re here not by chance,
But by God’s choosing.
His hand formed you
And made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else –
You are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that
His grace can’t give you.
He has allowed you to be here
At this time in history
To fulfill His special purpose
For this generation.

--Roy Lessin

With all the negativity surrounding us that leads to self-doubt and self-defication, I think this quote can change the way we view ourselves and make a difference in how we let others view us. We live in a day and time that's surrounded by so much conflict, turmoil, and negatively on a small and large scale that it's so easy to fall apart. Roy Lessin's words show us that we are so much more than the sum of our parts and that we can rise above and aspire to be the children of God who can/will make a difference not only to ourselves, but an entire generation.

In reading this quote, I thought about Barack Obama and how he is in some ways a living example of the words. His running for presidency is an effect on things not happening by chance and how we're ready as people to be a part of an historical movement. Life is not about color, race, gender, or the superficialities that we're attaching ourselves to; instead it's about being a part of a global bond on humanity plain and simple.

Let us each take a moment to Just Think and then "just be".

Love!

10 comments:

layne bowden said...

LOVE the quote. LOVE your energy! LOVE the message you left behind @ my spot and i ab-SOUL-lutely love the fact that i MUST be on the right path. :o)

thank you for always inspiring, always sharing yourself, and always making me think!

peace! love!

Believer said...

Roy Lessin knows God, and from that relationship is able to share with us about our purpose and high calling in the Kingdom of God. God bless him!

Getting to know Roy Lessin
http://www.dayspring.com/collections/signature/lessin.asp

Anonymous said...

The No Impact Man continues his quest to spare the earth from the harm done by humans and consumption. In his post titled "The questions of love, kindness and the end of oil, he hits the nail on the head as he ends with:

"Betsy's right about the love and kindness. But how can anyone make the world have more love and kindness if they can't have more love and kindness in themselves?

I still have more work to do on my heart.

What we need is not to draw lines between people. We need to draw lines around them."


He applied this to the harm we do in our efforts to consume without saving the planet or helping others. To me, this also applies well to the negative "isms" like racism, sexism, etc.

This topic has been on my mind much lately. I feel my own blog post coming. LOL

Darius T. Williams said...

Yes, Yes, Yea - a thousand times YES! I absolutely love this quote!

ChpterReads said...

I love the quote you have (I'm stealing it! Just wanted to give you aheads up)

Sometimes in life we fall and forget that things don't happen by coincidence and that we all are here because of a greater purpose.

we all have our walks in life. Some harder than others. but all in all its in god plan.

I love this post!

Organized Noise said...

Great post and great quote.

Brotha Buck said...

Thanks for sharing!

Don said...

*applause*

We live in a day and time that's surrounded by so much conflict, turmoil, and negatively on a small and large scale that it's so easy to fall apart.

yep. so much negativity that it sometimes amazes me to see anything positive arise from such negative and intense predicament.

that quote speaks of people having the choice to respond in a positive or negative manner.

Nique said...

And i am glad that at this time in history i can explore your beauty from across the mass. Thanks for allowing me to sink back into the deepness that i have been away from for so long.

Ms. Confessions said...

This is a GREAT moment in time and I am happy to witness such a historical period, the good and the bad.

That was an awesome quote :)