09 July 2008

thankful

Being a homeowner isn't easy and being a homeowner on an extremely limited buget is even harder. Well, the other day I took on a plumbing project hoping to relieve the downstairs toilet from backing up. After what I thought was a successful endeavor, I found out that the problem was greater than the work I'd done.

I called the company that maintains my septic system and scheduled service for tomorrow (Thursday). During the conversation, something told me to ask if they could come out today. I was told they could get someone out and she'd call when they were 20 minutes from my home as that's how long it would take me to get home from work. I pulled up the same time as the contractor pulled onto my street.

A pleasant looking young black man (now, I made reference to his race solely because I've never seen or had a person of color provide this service) got out and I proceeded to tell him what was wrong and he took to fishing around for the tank head. I told him the one he'd opened initially was the one that was used prior, but he said that wasn't the right one. He prodded the yard until he found what he was looking for and started digging.

I asked a series of questions regarding what he was doing and he explained that the solid waste had not been pumped and only the liquid had been removed in all of my previous services and that was why I found my system needing pumping at least twice a year. Naturally, I was a little ticked at having been duped by the company I formerly used, but was more grateful that I now knew the cause of the problem with the system. I was even more grateful that he only charged for the minimum service, which gave me a huge discount in what he'd done. Yes, I prayed on the spot and gave thanks for the largess imparted upon me.

I've been receiving emails and such telling me to hold on; stay strong; and let God lead and handle things. I shared that with the guy and he smiled and said, "no problem. I don't want to see you have to go through anymore stress." I thanked him profusely again and told him that he was a God send, a prayer answered, and a true blessing to my day.

I had to share this as a testimony to how wonderful God is and how He'll work his miracles. He knew I really didn't have the extra money to put out, but found a way to get the service done at minimal cost. God is good always in ALL ways!

Love!

16 comments:

Deb said...

That's gotta be stressful owning your own home. I rent for the sake that my landlord does everything for me. You really have to get a trustworthy worker in there - and it's so hard sometimes, isn't it?

I do believe that God brings us people we need in crucial moments!

:)

Blu Jewel said...

deb - hiya! i've sometimes weighed the pros and cons of renting and owning at times like this. but overall, i have to admit that at least i can do whatever i want to the house and not have to worry about offending the landlord.

love!

Mizrepresent said...

Blu, i so feel you on this post...the one thing i love and hate about owning and taking care of my own home is the "man duties"...things that i believe and left up for men to do. Thank God for small miracles and angels that come in the form of service men.

Anonymous said...

Hey Blu This is a note to let you know that ALL of the answers to the contest can be found through Google. Try your hand girl! I have some good prizes this time around!

Darius T. Williams said...

YES for such a powerful testimony. People may not think it's powerful but anything God shows his glory, especially directly in our lives, it's powerful.

Judy D. said...

i love how he works little miracles in our life that impacts in a huge way. love yr humbleness sis!
-good post-

T.a.c.D said...

GOD is GREAT! he is ALWAYS on time...
i am sure owning a home is really difficult and i am not looking forward to that...i mean i am, but its a lot to do by yourself so i applaud you even trying to fix things you know.

Mr.Slish said...

Hmmmm so is safe to say if I'm in your neighborhood I can use the potty...lol

nikki said...

i'm so glad you were able to get that taken care of with minimal stress. it irks me that your former company played you like that, though. why is it that businesses actively look to take advantage of women? i don't get it.

anyway, hope things are looking up for you now, luv.

Ms. Confessions said...

I'll say AMEN to that :)

Blu Jewel said...

miz - yes, there are plenty of joys and tears with being a home owner and I am truly grateful for the angel that was sent as a service man.

ingrid - okay, i'll give it a shot.

darius - Amen to that!

judy - it's always the little things that mean the most.

t.c - i'm fortunate and blessed for being a tomboy and being curious about certain things. spending 20 years in the military didn't allow for being "girly" or squeamish. I'm proud of being able to get my hands dirty and ever grateful for great service me.

slish - LOL! yes, indeed.

nikki - ditto on the former company and yes, minimal stress is what i need in my life. thanks for stopping by, hope you're well.

mis confessions - I second your Amen!

Love!

Don said...

i co-sig your statements about God being a miracle worker. they say all a person has to do is believe in the Savior; have Faith; and perform the deeds. and it will happen, in His time.

i truly believe that.

Blu Jewel said...

don - hallelujah! what you've said is so right and i pray He'll continue to bless you also.

love!

Believer said...

Praying on the spot for some help?! That's a set up! Girl, I know you make Him first doesn't He say try me in Malachi 3:10.

layne bowden said...

i've said it a million times and i'll say it a million more... i'm ALWAYS amazed @ how Daddy sends us exactly what we need, when we need it. i guess i shouldn't be ALL THAT amazed since He is our Father & has PROMISED that as long as we lean on & believe in Him, He'll provide ALL our needs according to His riches...

hey! who WOULDN'T want to serve someone like that?!!!??

glad everything worked out!!

peace! love!

Anonymous said...

Let the church say AMEN. You're a blessed woman, Blu.

The same day I read this post, I read another excellent testimony (from Keep it Trill) about God answering prayer:

The Mysteries and Miracles of Adoption