02 July 2009

happiness is...

...having a great spiritual foundation; unconditional faith, and a God who'll never let me down

...having some of the most amazing friends a girl could ever ask for.

...having family that even when you're not together; you're together

...knowing that loving myself enough to not compromise my emotional integrity

...having a daughter who brings the ultimate joy to my life

...knowing that doing things with purpose and intent will serve me well

...allowing myself to live and live well

...knowing that the truth is always the best way to be and live

...taking a leap of faith could be the best move ever made

...not allowing negativity to be welcomed into my life or my home

...being strong enough to both love and to let go

...welcome the newness each day brings

...taking comfort knowing that there is still goodness in the world

...the musical statements that speak when my own words elude me

...being able to accept the body I live in doesn't have to be what society dictates

...being or getting hurt isn't always a bad thing because there was a lesson to be learned in spite of the pain

...taking chances is another way of spreading my winds

...life's journey is best enjoyed when you're able to take some detours

...appreciating, being grateful, being prayerful, loving, sharing and caring

...saying what you mean and meaning what you say

...hearing the word, but having the deed to punctuate

...knowing I can and do make a difference

...knowing to forgive and ask for forgiveness

...not being afraid to say, "I'm sorry"

Have a fantastic weekend. Love yourselves and share that love with all those who are important to you.

Love to live; live to love!

9 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Awesome list!

I know I'm happy because all of that applies to me.... except fo having a daughter. Not yet. :-)

Thanks for reminding me of how Happy I Am!

MOMSWEB said...

I looooove this!

QueenBee said...

You must be working on your book.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Absolutely love all of these, except I replaced your daughter w/my son!

You sound very grounded and very happy in the Universe! I love that in a person!

Love, peace and blessings
Free Spirit

Mizrepresent said...

Thank you sis! Happiness is getting a dose of BLU!

Her Side said...

I love this post!

chele said...

We certainly have so much to be happy about!

T.a.c.D said...

this is definitely on point in so so many ways and i needed it this morning...thank you for reminding me of what happiness is and how i truly do and will HAVE IT IN MY LIFE!

Anonymous said...

I concur, and can relate to a few personally.

Keep sharing the good stuff!