10 March 2009

Open Letter...Thanks!

Yesterday I was txting with New, Old Friend and he said something that really touched my heart. He said, "I like the way you mother ur baby". Wow! Those few simple words touched my heart because we've only been back in touch for a couple of months now, but he can see/hear that in me when it comes to Lil Lady. He once commented that he likes how we talk to each other when he heard us on the phone, but this means so much more than that. To me, it shows that he's really paying attention and he knows how much my being a mother to her means to me. He doesn't try to continue a conversation with me if he knows we're together and says, spend your time with her and we'll talk later. That level of care and respect is important and shows compassion and maturity on his part. Even though Lil Lady is almost 17, she's still my baby and I put my all into her and the time we spend together. He's been good about not asking to see me when she's on my dime and doesn't mind waiting until she's with her dad to get some time in with me.

So, thanks New, Old Friend for being the kind, sensitive, and understanding person you are. It means so much that you respect my position as a parent as well as apreciating me as a woman.

Love to live; live to love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Hey Blu...

Wendy said...

Hi Blu,

Well this sounds like a great new beginning...I will have to stay tuned.

Stay Blessed gurlie!

Blu Jewel said...

@ Yaz - Hey lady...been a while since you've been here. Thanks for stopping by.

@ Wendy - It's been really nice so far. Had one level of questioning, but nothing that was a deal breaker.

Love to live; live to love!

Believer said...

Sounds great so far. It shows me he knows his place and he’s not interested in competing for you. He's a confident man. Keep him close!

Chari said...

Awwww! :) Simple blessings...