29 August 2006

And they should live why?

I've already posted my views on abortion and why some women are skeptical about giving their babies up for adoptio, so there's no need to rehash. However, this morning, I read about a couple; a FOSTER (people who ELECT to parent while someone else can't) couple who were recently charged in the murder of a toddler. Foster Parents Charged in Toddler Death. And that further promotes some of my personal reasons of why I couldn't place a child for adoption; well, unless it was within my own family.

Can someone please explain to me why these people should not be put to death? I'm sorry there is no, and I repeat no infinitum, excuse for what they did. To add insult to injury, the mentally challenged boy's life was spared by him being put into the child care system only to have it taken by some heinous, ill-willed, and sadistic bastards to be killed. They not only left him locked in a closet for two days while they went to, get this; a FAMILY reunion. These )#%*#%* morons know jack shit about family.

Upon their return to find the boy dead, the father (used EXTREMELY loosely) burned the body to cover the death. That is beyond comprehension to me and what they did warrants the immediate issuance of their own death certificates. Man, I'm so glad that I declared that if asked to perform jury duty, cases on violence toward children and sexual assault on women were cases I couldn't remain unbiased on. I'll tell you what, let me be on that jury panel and I'm voting to kill the mutha effas. Forget being given life of being put on death row where countless tax payers dollars are being used to prolong their miserable existences. Let's just rid ourselves of being reminded of them and just kill them. It's not like their lives have any great importance for what they did.

My blood boils to volcanic temperatures when I hear about cases like this especially when there are so many people who want children or would be willing to help children by fostering them and someone takes a child in and then kills him. AARRGGHH! I can't take this shit. I'm so furious right now that it makes me want to go out and visit children in group homes and let them know that while I can't personally take care of them, I'll pray for their safe growth and for a loving person to take them in.

To calm myself down, I'll think of a woman I've worked with who has taken in 15+ foster children into her home and loved them like her own regardless of race or gender. She and her husband have even adopted some of them. And the kindness didn't stop there. Two of the children she fostered and later adopted returned the favor by becoming adoptive and foster parents too.

I had to end on a positive note or I'd be in tears.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely with you on this one. I'm not even gonna go into a huge thing about it. All I'll say is that there is a syringe with some killer dosage in it if the courts won't do it.

Nicki said...

It's a shame they can't pick out the people who are just in it for the money.

Do you remember the case of the parents who starved their adopted sons while feeding their biological daughters? The 19 year old looked like he was 8, and they were eating the paper off the wall.

It made you want to order a hit on them.

Anonymous said...

That is too sad, and crazy!! I agree, those foster parents should be on death row for what they did. I hate crimes against children. Thats one thing that gets my blood boiling too!

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you all the way. I hate things that make me act judgmental, but I can't help but feel like they should be put to death.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Dear Blu,
I felt close to tears on readng this post.
Locked in a closet for 2 days meant a torturous suffering. Real fear but a slow death.
It's very sad.
Somehow, these people should feel the boy's pain and what he went through because of them.

Mahogany Misfit said...

This is sickening. How people can do this kind of shit is just beyond me.

Does anyone remember that case a few years ago of "Precious Doe"? Google it and you'll know what I'm talking about. This little girl was 4 years old, very very cute little black girl, and she was found headless in a field somewhere in Missouri I think... a few days after finding her body, her head was found in a FUCKING TRASH BAG. It was discovered that her mother and her boyfriend cut her head of with a pair of hedge clippers. Her own child. She gave birth to this child and did such a horrific thing.

This was a few years ago but still, this hurts my heart and tears my soul up. Human beings are more sinister and cruel than we can ever imagine sometimes.

Mahogany Misfit said...

Correction-the husband did it...just read it online.