18 July 2006

Mental Health Break

I'm sitting at my desk freezing! It feels like they have the air conditioning set on Alaska; meanwhile it's damn near 100 degrees outside. Okay, so I understand why the AC is necessary, but damn; does it need to be that cold? I have my space heater on as well as a jacket in order to not feel like I'm getting frostbite. Then they wonder why women are frigid? (LMAO!) Sorry for that; couldn't resist the dry humor. It's an English thing...ctfu!!!!

Anyway, I'm working through a pretty mundane and uneventful day. My adult ADD is in full effect, I have a self-imposed deadline, and the battle for which will be the victor has me exhausted. I figured I'd relieve myself and take a little break to relax, warm up, and take my mind of the myriad of things that have me distracted. Too bad I can't drink at the desk, because a Bombay Sapphire (gin) Appletini would be great right now.

There's this great site, www.bemine.com, which is essentially an e-card site, but it does have a lot of other information too. Well, I decided to go there, click onto Secret Place and find a place to vacate to. I found this cute little cabin, put my bathing suit on, and commenced to getting my chill on.
With my iPod playing all the tunes I wanted to hear, I lapsed into a temporary vegetative state. It was great, save for knowing that it would only be a short one. That damned self-imposed deadline!

Now that I'm back to reality, I thought I'd share my vacation picture with you. Nice huh? Well, you have the link, so go check it out and pick your own little get away.

Remember you have to read through the minutia to find the Secret Place link, but I assure you it's worth it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice idea. Thank you for sharing. I have postcards from different places that I've been and some from places I'd like to go. I have them covering a wall in my work area. Whenever I need to and can, I put on my iPod, stare at my "vacation wall" and embark on a beautiful journey.

Sleekblackmercedes said...

Cold? Air con? I love cold. I am just too hot blooded.

In the whole office where all my colleagues are complaining of the cold, secretly I enjoy it very much. I like cold alot...

Thanks for dropping by and commenting at my site.

:)

Anonymous said...

Aww! Now that's what I'm talking about. This one reminds me of that scene in Collatertal where Jamie Foxx had that postcard in his visor. I never thought much about doing it myself, but it's a good idea.

Anonymous said...

This is a good idea, I need to start doing that. I will love to get away. Thanks for the idea, I'm going to start doing that, because everybody needs a Mental Health Break!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»