26 July 2006

Not my day!

Today was not a good day. I dropped off Big Buddy (my SUV) for his Dr's appt (service) this morning bright and early so he'd be ready on time...NOON! (please note the time). I returned to work by way of a coworker who'd nicely followed me so I would have a ride back. I eat breakfast, drank tea, read some blogs, popped a 800mg Rx strength ibuprophen, and preceeded to get on with my day. Knowing it was gonna be a mutha hubba, I entered into iPod land and zoned out. A couple hours later, I was greeted by my lead who promptly worked my )*%#)%*#)% nerves by telling me that I could accomplish my assigned task within the unrealistic time contraint that I have. My pain level on a scale of 1-10 was already at a 12 and he wasn't making matters any better. As I politely dissed him by telling him he hadn't a clue what he was talking about and that I would figure it out and get it done, I thought I might explode if he didn't evacuate my cube and let me be. My tolerance level was at an all time low and I was doing 0-60 in less than 2 seconds. All of this occurred while I anxiously waited for the damn 800mg to work.

By the time the pill finally sedated me (somewhat) and I'd gotten further along in my work, I noticed it was after 10:00 am and I hadn't received a call from the Dr regarding Big Buddy. I called. The service tech told me he only needed an diaper (oli) change and and not the full physical as I thought. I thanked her (she saved me $$) and hung up. Recalling that I needed him back by noon, I called again to see if he was ready. He was not! Remember the 0-60 seconds comment? Well, it was back and I was feeling like Danica Patrick. I promptly informed Miss Cavalier Attitude that there was a reason why I noted on the drop off envelope that I needed him back by NOON. Would you believe the dimwit said, "Oh, I didn't read what you wrote on the evelope." Dumb ass! Of course I told her that he was to be ready ASAP and she returned by saying, "I'll have to get someone to work through his lunch and it'll be done by 12:30". (They better had) To add insult to injury, she made it sound like it was my fault dude had to work through his lunch. Get the f*ck outta here! Like I gave a rat's ass. If she'd read the gottdamn envelope in the first freaking place, she'd have known and wouldn't had me talk to her like the first class twit she is. Needless to say I did get Big Buddy back by 12:30 and got the coupon price of $19.95 +tax for the service even though I forgot my coupon at home. Who the hell in their right mind was gonna argue with a woman in pain? Not anyone if sound mental accuities! I know the look in my eyes would have made Linda Blair in The Exorcist scared.

After that, I ate a slice of triple veggie pizza as if I'd been starved for a few days and returned to work. I immediately entered the iPod zone as to hold on to what little sanity I now had left. I spent the remainder of the afternoon engrossed in my work until 6:00pm. (12 hour days suck) I was a full-fledged whooped ass by the time I left the building. The drive was pretty stress free as there weren't that many cars on my route home. After eating a small dinner, taking a shower, drinking a cup of tea, and sharing this little ditty with all of you, I'm now taking my ass to bed. Yeah, I know it's early, but your girl is tired and could use a good night's sleep. The fact that I'll be working my other job on my day off affords me the right to retire as if I were a 4 year old with a school night bed time.

The sandman awaits...yawn!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodnight.

Wide Lawns said...

Hey I added you to my link list!

Nicki said...

I hate car dealerships. Long story short, my dealer is costing me an extra $250 deductible. I'm so pissed I can't bring myself to take the car in.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»