07 May 2007

inspiration...

I just got done speaking with my fave aunt and she is truly one of the most beautiful people in the world. Her voice is like music to my ears. She's so kind, so loving, and so positive. She is so warm and genuine that when you speak with her, you feel so uplifted. Aunt C is not one for BS and drama and will not tolerate negativity in speech and energy. Aunt C tells me to resolve conflict if I have any and to always maintain a good disposition in life and to keep God first. If you're ever in a bad or sad mood Aunt C can make the sun shine in your otherwise cloudy day. Aunt C takes an interest in whatever is going on in your life and could take a proud seat next to Inyala Vanzant or Maya Angelou for being a phenomenal woman and a grea life coach. Aunt C inspires me to always do my best and to always be the best woman I can be. She doesn't get upset if she doesn't hear from me in a while or make me feel guilty for not updating her on the haps in my life. Instead she appreciates the time we share when we talk and she takes an active interest in what I've been up to. Aunt C has and will always inspire me to be a better woman and to follow my heart and my dreams. Ironically, I read the following when I was on the phone with her...Tell me God ain't working with and for me...Have a blessed day...

Dare to dream
The main thing that keeps an objective out of reach is your assumption that you cannot reach it. You're able to do precisely what you expect to be able to do.
Are there dreams that you dare not to dream because you've decided that you cannot attain them? If so, then your negative expectation has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Before you abandon or downgrade your most treasured dreams, consider this. When your goal is personally meaningful and compelling, you can achieve it, whatever it may be.

You are never too old or too young, too rich or too poor, to direct the energy of your life toward a compelling objective. Life is about making a difference, and that's something you can do no matter what your circumstances may be.

There is somewhere you truly wish to go, something you sincerely desire to achieve, right this very moment. Take the time to find it, commit yourself to it, and make the effort to make it happen.

Your dreams represent some of the most valuable gifts you have to give to life. Dare to dream, and allow the best of who you are to be fully expressed.
-- Ralph Marston

6 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

I love folks like that..sometimes I wish we could create minature versions of them to put in our pockets on days when we're feeling less than our best.

Blu Jewel said...

honey - i completely agree with you.

T.a.c.D said...

She sounds like such a wonderful woman, the type of woman that i am trying to strive to be a virtuous, centered, spiritual, loving woman and that is SO what I want to be...i love those women...
and this passage from RM is the truth i got it today as well....
let's go for and like pastor said yesterday STOP GETTING IN OUR OWN WAY

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I love the positive energy that your blogs always provide. God Bless you and Aunt C!!

Believer said...

Beautiful! It seems your Aunt C is certainly walking out her calling of be an exemplary Proverbs 31 woman. I wish she were in more families. You're blessed!

We are all filled with purpose, each of us.

I'm reminded of two scriptures Jeremiah 29:11 and Matthew 6:33.

Blessings as you continue to soar to new heights.

PS This will be a featured post, and you’ve been tagged!

rethots said...

...so, profound. 'Dare to Dream'. What i've learnt is not to you others as a benchmark... Ha, (they'll say) nobody's got or done it before. Hell no, if i want it, i'll write out my strategies to get it and seal it by His unfailing grace.