17 April 2008

Quotes for overcoming...

As this is Sexual Abuse Awareness Month, these quotes are and can be instrumental is helping anyone overcome the abuse they've suffered. In addition, they're empowering for each of use for whatever trials we've been through or are currently struggling with. The time for improvement, for taking a stand, or for just wanting the best for your life is right NOW!

The past is over and done and has no power over me. I can begin to be free in this moment. Today's thoughts create my future. I am in charge. I now take my own power back. I am safe and I am free. – Louise L. Hay *my fave*

Fearlessness may be a gift but perhaps more precious is the courage acquired through endeavor, courage that comes from cultivating the habit of refusing to let fear dictate one's actions. – Aung san Suu Kyi

Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion. – Buddha

Life is demanding of me, start again. Begin new things. Again set to work to build your world. – Jean Toomer

8 comments:

Don said...

love the buddha quote. that is definitely the truth of the matter. people can heal with the right amount of compassion shown.

T.a.c.D said...

awesomeingly powerful!

Lyrically speaking said...

I really like the first quote...hope all is well with you Miss Blu

Blu Jewel said...

don - it's amazing how powerful a little compassion can be; too bad not enough people exact it.

t.c - *smile* use them to your empowerment

lyrically - yes, the first quote is definitely something to live by

Love!

Xave said...

These are powerful quotes for anyone eandeavouring to move forward in this business called life. I see you have finally taken your place within my poetic harem ;-) The Muses bekon. Don't stay away for so long.

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Blu Jewel said...

Zay - I knew you'd agree. LOL @ "taken your place within my poetic harem;-)"

Love!

kit von b. said...

that buddha quote tho...words to live by. good post blu...

-KB

HeyShae! said...

Excellent quotes that can definitely be used for any inspiration.