15 June 2009

exceedingly; abundantly good

So, my life exceedingly abundantly good! Why? Because two years ago (June 27th to be exact), I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I endured biopsies, tests upon tests, major surgeries; and am now a two year survivor. I'm an even greater health advocate than I was prior to my diagnosis; feel infinitely blessed for having maintained a strong and positive disposition through it all; and know that withouth God's influence and my support system, it wouldn't have been easy.


God who continues to love me, guide me, and provide me with all the things I need.

I have the most amazing daughter! She is absolutely beautiful inside and out; has maintained being on the High Honor Roll for this; how her Junior year (completed), is a Varsity Scholar, and is in the National Honor Society. She's an only; only (neither her father nor I have other children) and although she pretty much gets what she wants; she's not a brat. We have and open and honest relationship where she share just about everything. She's not just my daughter; she's my best friend and damn, if the Lord didn't bless me above measure with her.


I have the most amazing church family. Big shout out to the Macendonia Baptist Church. It's a small; but intimate congregation where there is no pretense; none of that other drama that comes with black churches. We all get along; look out for each other; and share the Word. My faith and spirituality has grown exponentially in the few months I've been there and I truly feel like it's home.

I'm going through an amazing growth with an old friend. We've been friends for 14 years and right now this is the closest we've ever been. Even though our falling out broke my heart; forgiveness has closed the gap and we're in a better place than ever before. We live in a society where everything is disposable and people lack the will to fight, but this friendship means the world to both of us and we're equally happy to have gotten back in the ring to fight for it.

Mentors/Role Models...wow! I don't even know how to begin this one. My Girl; you know who you are. The talks, the laughs, and the amazing bond that we share. You're truly wonderful and you're priceless. My minister/surrogate mother; you're so awesome. You encourage, guide, inspire, and support me in so many ways. You've been such a rock in my foundation for the past couple of years and you continue to help me be the best woman I can be. Rosemarie, even though we've never met, you inspire me immensely. My male BFF My Boy; you are the bestest a girl could ask for. We fight; we play; and we're R.o.D's (Ride or Die). To those of you I haven't named, please don't think I've forgotten you cause I haven't. I guess I'm gonna have to do another post dedicated to those who are pillars in my structure.

For life and all that comes with being a part of it. I refuse to let cloudy day ruin my sunny disposition. I may not have much, but I have enough and have what I need. Being positive and remaining steadfast in my convictions and having faith that is unwavering is the best security blanket ever. I walk by faith and not by sight and pray with conviction and intention. I live my life to the fullest and accept the rains that come as cleansing tools to wash away the negative and make way for even more positivity. I go hard with all I do and strive to be the best I can be always; in all ways.

love to live; live to love!

6 comments:

SLC said...

Of course I love the entire post, but I couldn't help but notice that paragraph about having a good Church preceded the paragraph on forgiving and reconciliation.

Glad your winning the fight.

BTW. Your blog is a real blessing to my day know matter what the subject matter. Like a good kiss. Never sloppy.

CareyCarey said...

I am going to keep my eye on ol'SLC, he's talking about swapping spit :-).

I too noticed the part about a good church home. Small but good, that says it all.

Congratulations on your daughters accomplishments. to a large degree that speaks to a healty home environment.

SLC said...

Hey Carey. She started the kissing with this post. Totally different topic but still thought provoking. And if that wasn't enough her next post was called "a quickie".

Short but sweet. you know like a good, never sloppy.....

Ok what I meant was, I never know what I'll get but.... no wait that don't sound right either

Anyway love all y'all
SLC turning the page

CareyCarey said...

SLC, I read all her post y (when she posted them) but I just couldn't help being me and take a little jab at you :-).

Yeah, there's no way to define sloppy when it fall out of context. Then to throw kiss in the mix is adding fuel to the fire. THEN, "short but sweet" ...you were asking for problems *lol*

Like you, I may not post a comment but I am usually looking in the windows of my fellow bloggers, so I knew what you meant ....I think.

Keith said...

ROFLMAO @ both of them having way too good a time up there. I'm happy for you BJ..This post was truly a blessing..We should all stop sometimes and take stock of what we have to be happy for.

Anonymous said...

Your life is blessed, and yes, you had better shout about it!

Finding a church community to call home is big in my book. I know all about being celebrated in your spiritual residence. God is in the midst!

I'm in shock to read that between the lines you mention me. Thank you sincerely, which doesn't seem to be quite enough, but I ask that you add my "thanks" as an exclamation point to our friendship.

"Friends are like pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up and sometimes they lean on you." -Author Unknown