5 Things I like...
- Taking some time out to give back to others. Isn't that a part of what Christmas is about anyway? The gifts are great, but the gift of giving is greater. For anyone who wanted to buy me a gift, please do something good for someone in need in my honor.
- The way my church is internally decorated. It's a large church with a balcony and I'm always amazed at how they get the garlands up so high and they're always straight. The poinsettias at the alter always look beautiful too. I'll try to get some pix to share.
- Spending time with friends/family. I feel l ike a gyspy at Christmas for all the homes I visit, but it's always a great time.
- Wearing a scarf that a dear friend knitted for me. It's a pretty light blue scarf made of a really soft yarn and even though it doesn't go with everything, I try to wear it with everything anyway. I'd really love a bobble hat to go with it. Maybe I can sweet talk her into knitting me one.
- Using the cold weather as an excuse not to go out or do anything. Ordinarily, I'm not a lazy person, but there's nothing nicer than sitting around wrapped in a warm blankie, sipping a nice hot drink, and reading or otherwise doing noting.
- BONUS (thank you jenellybean for pointing out my previous error)
The after Christmas sales. Its' one of the few times I actually enjoy going to the mall. When else can I get a $100 cashmere sweater for $25? Or $150 boots for less than $50 and they'll still be in style.
5 This I dislike...
- Watching the pretty snow turn to crap as the cleaning crews come through to clear the streets.
- Wanting to go skiing and not going cause my friends don't like it. Yes, I know I can go alone, but my fear is that if something happens to me, how will they know?
- Worrying if I'll gain weight for having succomb to eating the sweets I tried not to indulge in
- Having to run out in the cold to warm the car, to go back in the house, and then go back out hoping the car is warm enough. That's such a pain in the ass, but it has to be done. I drive a manual transmission vehicle so remote start is not an option for me.
- Egg Nog only being available for a limited time. I'm sure I'm not the only person who wouldn't mind it during the year. Ever had Egg Nog cake or Egg Nog frosting? Try mine and you'll want it more than in the winter. *wink*
My list isn't as detailed as Su's but, hey at least I did it.
What's your top 5's?